Saturday 21 July 2012

Poem For Gracie

By Laura Halligan, may 2011 – poem
My Angel Gracie

My love for Gracie is unconditional; it should not be dismissible,
You talk about the emotional risk; I will talk about what really exists,
My little Angel asleep at night, jumps up awake with a horrible fright,
She starts to cry, the nightmares still here, she does not know why it won’t disappear,
All she wants is to be with her mum, she calls my name, but I do not come,

She will ask the question every day “will I see my mummy today”, every time the answer is “no”,
What can she do? Where can she go?
She does not know why she is going through this; she just wants her mummy for a cuddle and kiss,
I told my Gracie, whenever where apart, to feel my love, deep in her heart,
That has kept her going strong, but it won’t last for long,
 My baby’s world is crumbling away, her sorrow gets worse every day.
Everything she knows to be real, is not there and is hard to feel

I stand before your honour today, for the life of Gracie I solemnly pray,
Please your honour; take pity on me, for the sake of my daughter who is only 3,
She dreams and hopes for the day to come, when she gets to go home and be with her mum.
You can make her dream come true; I will put all of my faith in you
Your decision today matters more to me, than anything else could possibly be
I will hold my Gracie close and tight, and lay with her all through the night, ill stroke her hair and tell her she’s free, reassure her it’s over, she is home with me.
Now we rejoice we are back together, not just for a bit, but this time forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment